- This event has passed.
Testing, Prevention, Treatment and Cure
HIV Testing – Know Your Status
How do you know if someone has HIV?
The only way to know for sure is to get an HIV test.
- You cannot tell who has HIV just by looking at them. Most people do not show any outward signs when they first get HIV.
- A person can spread HIV even if he or she does not look sick.
- Knowing your HIV status gives you the information you need to help you stay healthy.
How do you get tested for HIV?
There are three basic types of HIV tests:
- Blood – A small amount of blood is taken from your finger or arm.
- Oral – Fluid is taken from the inside of your mouth
- Urine – A small cup of urine is used.
Some HIV tests take 1-2 weeks to get results from a lab. Other tests called “rapid HIV tests” can give results in about 20 minutes.
You can get tested at places like a doctor’s office, mobile health van, or health fair. There are also home HIV tests that let you test yourself.
Contact us to find a testing site near you.
- This will be an outdoor event
Nobody Can Do Everything, Everyone Can Do Something
Every little bit will help this event be a success!